Tuesday, November 25

What's on my Nightstand - November

It's that time again!  5 Minutes for Books is hosting the monthly What's on Your Nightstand Carnival. Click on over and see what everyone else is reading or better yet, link up yourself and share with us what you are reading.


Here is my short list of books that I am enjoying this month.

Inkheart (Cornelia Funke).  Have you ever wondered what would happen if the words you read aloud from a book, came out of the book?  This story has been fascinating and keeps you wanting to read more.

The Geography of Bliss (Eric Weiner) The self-help seeker in me wanted to know where "One Grump's Search for the Happiest Places in the World" led him.  The author travels with world in search of what makes people happy.  Each place that he visits in his quest is interesting and since I am not a world traveller, I still find myself immersed as if I am there.  I can't wait to finish as the last chapters are closer to home.

Conquest of Mind (Eknath Easwaran) This book is one that I've had on my nightstand since September.  I had abandoned it somewhere in October and am taking another stab at it.  It's not an easy read, at least not for me, there is much to be processed.  With that being said, however, this has proven to be a great little book.  I've been seeking a book that can walk me through meditation and help me understand why the negative broken record from my childhood won't just break and let me move on.  Have you tried meditating and you find that your life just won't quiet down enough for you to "get there"?  Conquest of Mind speaks to you in practical terms and can help you overcome those distractions.

Happy Reading!

1 Comments:

LuAnn 11/26/08, 12:58 PM  

Inkheart sounds good. I will have to read that one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP