Monday, November 10

It's Not Just Me

Over this past week, I've been trying to become an earlier riser.  I've known for myself that when I do get up earlier (very rare) I feel better about the day, throughout the day and it is more productive because of it.  Leo at Zen Habits and Steve Pavlina have both inspired me to make it happen, but it's not happening.  Both Zen Habit and Steve Pavlina are worth a stop over.


Excuse #1 - I've never been an early riser.
Excuse #2 - I have three toddlers that I haven't been able to get on their own  bedtime routing.  It works for a while, then I don't know what happens.
Excuse #3 - I like being a night owl.  There are less distractions and most of my ideas for work or family come to me at night.  I can be lying in bed and something will come to me and I'll end up getting up and be on a roll for hours.  I've tried having a notepad and pen at my bedside to write things down as they come to me before I fall asleep, but that just ends up with me writing tons a stuff down when I could be working on it the first time around.

Alarm clock?  Doesn't work.  I either sleep through it or just keep hitting snooze - even if it is on the other side of the room.

Am I lazy?  No!
Priorities out of wack?  Probably.
Deep rooted issues?  Yep.

So, what do I do?

Well, this week, I am going to be more purposeful about my day.  Plan things to be done early in the morning.  Commit myself to others - that's what worked while in Basic and Skills Training (Boot Camp) for the National Guard.  I was easy to get up early.  It was either that or get tormented by the Drill SGT.

We'll see.

This morning we were up at 6:30 am, but only because my son was up and he wanted breakfast.

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP