Monday, November 3

Morning Person or Night Owl?

Which one are you?  Me?  I'm definitely a Night Owl.  I have been since I was a baby.  Luckily for me and those around me, I'm not grumpy in the morning, just not awake.  I want to be a Morning Person - even just thinking about it - do I want to be a ...Person or ...Owl.  Hmmm...


My husband, on the other hand, is a morning person.  I remember waking one morning to him sitting next to me, drinking his morning Cup 'o Joe and gazing out the window.  It was a bright, beautiful sunny morning.  It was the best time of the day for him.

Now, ten or so years later, he's hitting snooze on the alarm clock before me.  After three babies, including a set of twins, I don't even hear it anymore.

Oh yes, I've read the benefits of being a morning person, in fact, when I do get up early in the morning.  I experience and reap all of those benefits.  More energy, time to plan the day, not feeling so rushed, etc...  One of my favorite blogs has a post on 10 Benefits of Rising Early, and How to Do It.  And this post, before I realized I'd discover the Bloggy World, is really what got me thinking about becoming an earlier riser, but I failed each time I tried.

I do love the side affects of being a Morning Person, except the getting up early part.  Am I lazy?  Is it ingrained in my DNA?  Is it just a bad habit?  I've read all is true.

I want to be a morning person, really I do.  I know I can do it - six months in Army Basics and Skills training says I can.  So, I'm gonna take a hint from my children, who no matter what time they go to bed, they still wake up at or around the same time every day.  My goal is to be up and ready for the day before their internal alarm clock goes off.

Today will be Day 0.  Wish me luck!  I'll post each morning.  Maybe being accountable to someone, anyone, other than me, will help.  We'll see.
Babes, bright and early this morning at 6:45 am.

1 Comments:

Anonymous,  11/4/08, 6:09 AM  

My kids also have obnoxious internal clocks. Regardless of when they go to bed they are up at the crack of dawn, therefore we have an early bedtime to avoid cranky kids.
Best of luck with your endeavor. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP