Monday, November 10

Menu Plan Monday

Oh my gosh!  I almost missed it again!  This my first post to Menu Planning Monday.  I've been a follower for sometime, but never thought:


a) I could do a menu for the week.  I'm a "it's 4 o'clock, what should we have for dinner?" and then whip up something from what we have on hand.  It can be stressful at times, but we are pretty boring when it comes to meals, cause my kids are so picky!

b) If I do manage to put together a menu, not sure if I can stick to it.

I've also been reading blogs and web links about Menu Planning vs. The Pantry Principle.  A blogger talked about this very concept and mentioned a book (that used to be a newsletter) called The Tightwad Gazette.  I have since purchased the book and love it.  So, with that, I'm trying Menu Planning with The Pantry Principle and see where it gets me.  Pretty much what I've done in the past, except now I'll know days before the dreaded "it's 4 o'clock, what should we have for dinner?".  Yeah!

So one with it...  Oh, and if my menu doesn't fit your fancy, go visit Laura over at I'm an Organizing Junkie and browse through literally hundreds of menu ideas.

Monday - Chili
Tuesday - Left over Pork Roast w/Sauerkraut, Mash Potatoes and a Veggie
Wednesday - Meatloaf w/Mac 'n Cheese and Broccoli
Thursday - Roasted Chicken w/Parsley Potatoes and Broccoli
Friday - Venison w/Caramelized Onions and still working on the rest

If you believe that I may be referencing your blog while mentioning The Pantry Principle and The Tightwad Gazette, please send me your link.  I'll take a look at your blog and make the appropriate updates to my links above.  I have a pretty good visual memory and I want to make sure to give credit where credit is due.

2 Comments:

Anonymous,  11/10/08, 2:01 PM  

I love the Tightwad Gazette, it is one of my favorite books. Welcome to MPM!
Toni

Frugal Finds 11/10/08, 3:51 PM  

Not another venison meal... yuk. My Dh would love to visit you though!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP