Friday, January 2

Looking Ahead

Well, finally, here are my goals for 2009.  The past year has been very, very, very difficult.  I haven't blogged about it, I haven't blogged much at all actually.  One hopes to reach the bottom of a never ending pit of despair just to have solace knowing that "up" is the only way to go.  Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, it can always get worse.  And it has.  And it can still get worse.  Before it does, I need to pull myself out of this funk and get a move on!


So, a New Year.  A New Beginning.  Live for today.  So without further ado...

Here they are, in no particular order...
  • Do daily Random Acts of Kindness.
  • Stop comparing myself to others.
  • Face personal demons from my past.
  • Feel less guilty if I take time for myself.
  • No more soda!!!
  • Drink more water!!!
  • Stretch.
  • Be more patient with my children.
  • Be more grateful what what I do have.
  • Write in my journal daily.
  • Write my Life Plan (Thank you Carolina Mama).
  • Continue to learn to knit (best site for beginners, cause I'm a beginner and learned from this site Knitting Help).
  • Love more.
  • Give more.
  • Praise more.
  • Re-learn to grow garden and be accountable to my commitment.
  • Date night with hubby once a week, go no more than two weeks.
  • Family night every week, no exceptions!
  • Less T.V.
  • Continue reading aloud to my children every day.  Try other times/locations as now we do it only at bed time.
  • Live below our means.
  • Get on a budget, get on a budget, get on a budget!
  • Stick to it!  Stick to it!  Stick to it!
  • Pay down debt, get on a plan.  The above will be a great start.
  • Volunteer.
  • Read more for me, this will help.
  • Find a direction for this blog!
  • Make my own soap.
  • Take dancing lessons with my husband.  We've been wanting to do this for years.  Now that it's in print...
  • Get back to Menu Planning!
  • Explore home state with more Stay-cations, since we never get to go on vacation anyway.
  • Show my husband how much I appreciate him.
  • Use this year to explore homeschooling and decide if it's something I/we officially want to do.
  • Sneak in better nutrition into our daily meals.  My children are soooo picky!
  • Get my own Home Management Guide.  Using this as a guide, it is so wonderful!
Thank you to Toni over at The Happy House Wife for hosting this fun and accountable exercise.  You'll find many more goals for 2009 and in much more orderly fashion.

I know this list will change and manifest itself into something somewhat different that where I've started, but hey, at least I've started.  And I'm sure I've left something out.  I don't usually make resolutions or write down my goals, so even this is a beginning.  :)

Thank you for stopping by.  My best wishes to you for a fulfilled, happy and successful New Year!

9 Comments:

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom 1/3/09, 12:16 AM  

Great goals!

I'm working on my Home Guide, among others, rigt now. I have been toying with the idea of homeschooling as well. I just don't know that I have the patience to be able to do it! I love your idea of the date night every week. DH and I need to do something like that.

Thank you for sharing! 2009 is going to be great!

Phoebe

knittinandnoodlin 1/3/09, 6:22 AM  

Best wishes to you on your resolutions! I've never heard of a Home Management Guide, but it looks like an awesome idea...and I promise knitting gets easier and even more fun! =)

Shanna 1/3/09, 9:06 AM  

@knittinandnoodlin
I haven't gotten to making soap yet like I had planned. My other home remedies haven't been working so I'm a little scared. BUT, the vinegar in the rinse cycle did work - even my mom was impressed. Now I just have to find a good place to start getting essential oils to help make it smell nice. :)

Thanks again for stopping by. Happy New Year!

Shanna 1/3/09, 9:15 AM  

Thanks Phoebe!

"The Guide" is something that I've been 'kickin' around for a while. Then I started blogging and found Heather @ Want What You Have. It's a great example to have. I used to think I had quite a bit of patience and tolerance. Turns out, I've just been letting people use me for a doormat. I've got a lot of work to do. For my and my family's sake.

Ah and the date night. I'm so excited, but it'll have to wait til we (me and babies) get back home. We are 1300 miles apart right now - another reason to say goodbye to 2008.

Happy New Year to you.

Anonymous,  1/7/09, 8:21 PM  

Happy new year. 2008, I learned how to do laundry in my busy schedule while going back to work full time As, people asked me Why didn't I set my days off together and always got spilt days off it I learned to just throw in the Laudnry every day that I was home and finish it up..

2009, I hope to do menu planning so I can plan the menu and have dinner ready for me and the girls before going to work. Eating more Healther and hope to save more money.

Shanna 1/7/09, 8:50 PM  

@melissa - Balancing it all can be a challenge. Congratulations on getting the laundry down and best wishes on the Menu Planning and your goals for 2009.

Stop by next Monday to check out my next week's menu plan and links to tons of other plans for inspiration.

Have a Great Day!

Take care,
Shanna

Anonymous,  1/14/09, 9:42 AM  

These are great goals, girl...here's hoping it's your best year yet. :)

Shanna 1/14/09, 10:34 AM  

@Christa Banister Thanks. I'm happy with 'em. I believe they are all quite achievable, just have to keep reviewing them and adjusting course. :) Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous,  1/21/09, 8:46 PM  

Sorry it took me so long to stop by and read your goals. You have an impressive list. I gave up soda last year. It was really worth it, I feel so much better now. I hope you will update with your progress at the end of the month.
Toni

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP