Tuesday, January 6

Lost in Translation

It's one of those days.


I'd give anything to not be living through this day.

When a simple task turns into a drawn out 90 minute ordeal that leaves me in tears and sick to my stomache in utter frustration.

What is so hard about, "Please pick up your train and put it away?"

There is three of them and act like I am not even there.  Why am I surprised?

No answer.

Continue doing what they are doing.  I remind them again.

And again.

And again.

It should take all about 5 minutes tops, right?

Nope.

90 Minutes.

In the end.

After I've done given up...  with the help of reinforcements (aka g'ma), they get it picked up.

I clean their room cause I don't want to go through that again.

I've failed again.  Put this day with the rest of them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous,  1/18/09, 7:39 PM  

Oh, I've been there. Quite a few times. The good news is, tomorrow is a new day, to try again.

Don't feel that you've failed. You made a conscious decision to not fight a certain battle. Every now and then we all do it. "Winning the war" means knowing which battles are important to fight!

And remember, everything is almost always better after a night's rest.

Shanna 1/18/09, 8:36 PM  

@Kristen - Thanks. It can get so frustrating sometimes. Three (at the same age) against one is so hard sometimes.

Thanks again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP