Wednesday, June 17

Shrinking Jeans : Day 1

Thank you for coming back today. Today is weigh in day with Mr. Scales over at the Sisterhood, but before I get to far, here's a quick back story.


Last week, I decided to jump on the scale, just to see if I've been maintaining my weight. I'm not trying to gain or lose, so I usually get on the scale about once every two months. Just to 'see'. Well, let me tell ya! I thought the scale was broke cause it said I had GAINED almost 10 pounds! Ok, ok, I love to bake, what can I say? It was bound to catch up with me eventually! LOL

Fast forward a couple of hours...

While blog hopping after posting my Wordless Wednesday, I came across mommie blogs and while I had no intention of joining, offered some encouragement for her decision to join the Sisterhood. She responded to my comment and said for me to join with her cause, you know, the more the merrier. Thank you C for the return encouragement and the fact that Mr. Scales is not my friend right now, I'm gonna be Shreddin' with the rest of you.

Although putting my weight out there for everyone to see is a bit intimidating, you only live once, right? Besides, I weighed more in high school. Having three children and knee surgery in one year shredded about 35 pounds too, so I'm ahead. *wink*wink*

So there you have it.

Today Mr. Scales says I'm 160 pounds, last week, when I freaked out, he said I was 164... hmmm... maybe he is broke.

Since my good friend from college convinced me many months ago to get The Shred, I and the babes will be hanging out with Jillian as much as possible and yesterday she kicked our butts {well, mine at least} I can barely walk today. LOL

Until next week!

I Shred with the Sisterhood!

3 Comments:

Amy 6/18/09, 10:20 PM  

Hi Shana,

I'm just finding your blog through a comment you left on Cents to be Debt Free. Tomorrow will be day 4 of the Shred for me (which I too bought with swagbucks!) and I'm going to be having a Mr Linky for any fitness or Shred related post tomorrow (Friday, which will be the inaugural carnival). If you're interested in linking up stop by.

This is the first I'm hearing of the sisterhood, so I'll have to check it out. I love reading other Shred-related posts, especially ones of others who seem to be hurting as much as I am! I thought a linky might help shredders find eachother or find some new shredders to add to their readers.

Anyways, if you're interested: www.muddybootsblog.blogspot.com

If not, good luck with your Shred!

Shanna 6/18/09, 10:52 PM  

@Amy Hey, thank you for stopping by my blog and I'm glad you found me through Phoebe. Isn't she great?!

My babes and I did Day 2 today. Day 1 was on Tuesday and I just couldn't do it again the next day. I can't believe how out of shape I've gotten. And I'm not talking gaining weight, just overall physical health. Day 2 still kicked my butt - my shoulder, chest, legs and abs are all still sore and I laughed OUT LOUD when I read your note about doing housework BEFORE doing the Shred. It is so true!

Thanks for the invite, I hope to link up with ya! Have a great night!

Anonymous,  6/18/09, 11:07 PM  

Ok Shanna - Now you convicted me, I have to get back to working out- I WILL start tomorrow- even if I cant eat as healthy as I want ( need to get to the grocery store ) I will work out..
I have to look over that link you sent me- not to excited about posting my weight at all.. I think I was at the weight Im at now or close to it when I gave birth to Taylor---
Cant wait till you get back here and we can work out together

Miss you

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP