Saturday, October 11

To Blog or Not to Blog?

That is my question.


First, I am not a writer.  Do I need to be a writer?  I've wanted to be a writer, but I have a hard time putting my thoughts on paper... or in this case, on the screen.

My interest in blogging started a few months ago.  I always knew it was out there but honestly didn't know how to get there.  Once I found it, I had no idea.  WOW! I'm so addicted.

I spent hours and hours browsing from one Blog to another to another to another and so on.  Finding more and more interesting and useful information.  I laughed and I cried.  The Blogs I came across were so personal, so touching, so raw, so humbling, so supportive, so...  It's amazing.

I book marked many Blogs because I couldn't get enough, once I figured out how to add them to a feed, I was was adding even more Blogs.  I was following so many that I couldn't keep up.  I found myself only returning to a short list of favorites.  I guess I'm still waiting for the novelty to wear off.

I don't think it will.

Part of the problem is that I love information.  I love to read.  I love to learn and I love to share.

Usually when I browse to a blog, I generally look for the first post, if I can find it.

I really want to know how the Blog was born and how its evolved.  Most have done the same as me and some just dive in with the first post.  Maybe maybe having the "Hey I'm new here" post is too personal.

I think the most confusing part is learning the ropes.  Blogs get tagged, win awards, are ranked, have carnivals...  it's very interesting.  Not to mention, you can get sponsors and make money or have companies send you their products so you can use them, review them, blog about them and then give free samples away - wow.  Sign me up!  But... I have yet to find any blogs that are new like me.  Am I really that far behind or is it because I am new and like other newbies, we don't enough interesting content yet to get us exposure to other bloggers to get exposure to sponsors.  I've been reading other blogger's blogs just to learn about tricks, tips and how to's.  We'll see how quick a study I am.

I think the hardest part is content.  I've read many things about picking your content and to keep it focused.  I soon realized that I guess I'd fall into the Mommie Blogger category, so how  focused can a Mommie Blog be?  Think about it.  What comes to mind when you think of a mom?  Hmmm... Chef, Nurse, Banker, Chauffeur to name just a few on the tip of the tip of the ice berg.

I am a wife.  I am a mom to Irish Triplets (our son was born in January and our twin daughters were born in December of the same year).  I want more for our children than I or my husband had growing up.  Not so much better and definitely not materialism, but more of life.  How to embrace it, enjoy it, experience it, protect it, believe in it, cherish it, share it...  I really didn't start do dream about living a life until recently.  I don't want it to be the same for my children.

I'll keep blogging away, will eventually find my niche and hopefully some readers along the way.  I'm warning you now that until then, you'll never know where this blog may take you.

Until next time.

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP