Friday, October 17

One Day to Give

My whole life I've wanted to give back.  I struggle with where and how...  There are so many needs in the world, it's overwhelming - where do you start?


I always gave blood when I could, sometimes I couldn't because my numbers weren't high enough.  I need to start doing that again,  I got out of the habit when I was having kids and surgery.  I pick up after people at the park, in public bathrooms, if I see trash near a trash can - I'll pick it up.  It's a no brainer.  My thought is that if I can leave something better than which I found it, I've at least done something good.  I've donated my hair twice to Locks for Love and once to Wigs for Kids.  They create real hair wigs for those going through cancer treatments.  When I see we've accumulated too much stuff, I'll plan a trip to the Good Will.

But really, is that good enough?  Not really - I don't think so, not by a long shot.

When Kristen over at We are THAT Family brought up On Day to Give.  I pondered.


I came across an opportunity through an organization that hosted Blog Action Day.  You can check out their web here.  If you are a blogger or a follower, chances are, you heard of this.  This years topic was Poverty and I decided to join the movement.  You can check out my posts here.

Basically, my one day to give was really awareness through Blog Action Day.  Awareness to the power that each of us holds, if only we know we have it; can we do great things.  Once you realize you have the power, harness it, put it into action and do something.

Thank you Kristen for all of the wonderful ideas and inspiration you have given us.  I see many "One Day to Give" days in my family's future.  It's beautiful.

2 Comments:

Kristen 10/17/08, 7:02 PM  

You sound like such a generous person! Thank you for taking this challenge to heart and for making a difference!

Anonymous,  10/17/08, 7:52 PM  

We always need to be reminded to give. Thanks for spreading awareness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP