Thursday, May 7

Thursday Thirteen


Since I am new to the Thursday 13 blog carnival over at Happy to be at Home, I'll give you random things about me - as an intro.


1) Mom to three little ones.  A boy who is 4 and twin girls who are 3.  He is 11 months older than they are.

2) I'm taking steps to live a more eco friendly life here in Southern Georgia.  Recycling isn't big down here, so it's been a challenge.  Back home in Minnesota, it was second nature.  I know there is more to it than recycling, I'm just sayin'...  the fact that it's 'not a big deal' here really bugs me!

3) We put a garden in this year for the first time in many, many years.  About one-third of it didn't make it through the severe rain we had just a couple weeks after planting.  Just this week we replaced all that we lost and are learning more about the soil.  Again, it was easier back home.  I'm really excited about our blueberries!!

4) We've {just} started composting!  Yeah!  Something I've wanted to do for a long time.

5) I used to be the bread winner in our family.  I gave it up to stay home with the babies  --  toddlers.

6) My husband and I live 1300 miles apart... trying to bring it all back together.  It will be a year in June since I or our children have seen him.  :(

7) It's been a significant strain on our family.

8) I love, love, LOVE the blogging community.  Not so sure about Twitter yet.

9) At 24 I joined the National Guard to learn something new and help people.  It was a big shock to most everyone I knew.  They were all more scared than I was.

10) I grew up on farm in Wisconsin.  We didn't have indoor plumbing or a phone.  Although I'm not sure if I could go back to the outhouse...  I would really love to go back to that kind of simple life.

11) When I was 9, I was the youngest to ride the 200 mile Camp Courage Wagon Train on a horse.

12) Being a mom has been the most frustrating and rewarding role in my life.

13) I try to take each moment as it unfolds.  It's not easy, but I'll keep trying.

Well there you have it.  Snippets of me from various stages in my life.  Thank you for stopping by.  Leave me comment or a question or two.  I'm sure I've sparked a few.  LOL

2 Comments:

Tabitha Blue 5/9/09, 8:15 PM  

Love that you started gardening... we want to this year.. and composting too, that's awesome! 1300 miles apart is crazy, you guys are strong to do it, I'm not sure how I would do with that.

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Buffie 5/15/09, 1:09 PM  

Wow! It would be hard living 1300 miles apart from my husband, especially with 3 little ones. 've been wanting to start composting too. I just have to figure out how to get it to work in a townhouse.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP