Thursday, May 28

Isn't There a Book on This?

It's after lunch and that means nap time. Here's a quick dialogue between me and our son. He's Four, his sisters are Three.

Me: "Ok everyone, time for your nap."

Son: "But Mom, I don't like you!"

Me: "Well, you now the drill. After lunch it's quiet time."

Son: "But I don't want to!!"

All three of them are super excited to go to school next fall. Yes, I know, it's only May. As far as they are concerned, it could be tomorrow. Anyway, in preparation for that...

Me: "Remember, when you go to school, after lunch, you will have to take a nap. You want to go to school, don't you?"

Son: Whimpering, "Yes."

Me: "Ok then. Let's lay down."

Meanwhile, the girls are laying in their beds, rolling around, kicking their blankets off... Subtle protests.

Son: "You're not my FRIEND!!"

Me: "No, I'm not your friend. I'm your mother. Now lay down."

Check it out!

1 Comments:

♥ Boomer ♥ 6/2/09, 7:14 AM  

The worst thing parents can do is try to be a "buddy," rather than a parent. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP