Tuesday, March 17

Want an Hour of Peace and Quiet?

Don't know what you have until it's gone.

Recently I enjoyed, for a short time, our power being shut off for water line repairs.  It was so peaceful in the house, not even the hum of the refrigerator or ceiling fan were in the background.  Imagine pitch black in the dark of night, not being able to see a thing, except for the ears instead of your eyes.

It's amazing how much energy passes through you every day and you don't really notice it cause it is always there.  Then when it was cut off, I really noticed it.  I couldn't believe the difference.  I really didn't want to turn the power back on, but then that pesky refrigerator would thaw and food would go to waste.

Did I mention it was peaceful?  It was as if a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.  It was weird.  It was great!

Need an hour yourself?  Well, I invite you to join me and it won't co$t you a thing!  For one hour on March 28th at 8:30 pm (your local time), no matter where you are on the planet, shut off the power.  The initiative is to shut off your lights, but I challenge you to go a step further and cut all power.  Do NOT cut power to life saving machines.  Common sense please, no one is to get hurt!

There are so many things you can do for one hour, the possibilities are endless!  For me, that day the power was off, I honestly just sat on the couch in awe.  It was in the afternoon and the kids were just running around, playing and I was just in awe of the peace that over came me even with all three little one screaming and running about.

Yes, you are only one person or one family, but watch the video and be moved.  Now can you imagine for a moment the peace Mother Earth will feel?


Still not convinced?  Watch the video and be moved.  I'll post again closer to the date and of course after...  I'd love to hear what you did with that hour.

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP