Sunday, June 13

Sex and the City 2 Soundtrack : {a Music Review}


I was so excited when I learned that I was "IN" to participate in the Sex and the City 2 soundtrack project from the One2One Network. I couldn't wait to get my copy, tear into it, wear out my CD player and share my giddy praises.
The soundtrack  features a brand-new duet "Love is Your Color" by Grammy and  Academy Award® winner Jennifer Hudson, along with global superstar, multi-platinum recording artist and three-time Grammy Award nominee Leona Lewis.

A new song by platinum-selling  CeeLo and International superstar Dido also contributes an exclusive new track.

Grammy, Emmy, Golden Globe, Tony and Academy Award® winner Liza Minnelli covers Beyonce’s chart-topper “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”

12-time Grammy Award winner Alicia Keys performs her own extraordinary new version of the Blondie classic “Rapture”.

Featuring the stars of Sex and the City 2, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, perform the Helen Reddy classic “I Am Woman.” 

First impressions are important and so is reputation.  My first impression was so-so, however, the Sex and the City reputation kept me intrigued and the soundtrack grew on me; of course, I have settled on my favorites.  While I could do without the Sex and the City Men's Choir selections or the Liza Minnelli cover of Beyonce's 'Single Ladies', all in all I love it cause it has some of my fave entertainers in one spot.

If you haven't seen the movie yet, here is one of my fave reviews from a new friend.  A refreshing point of view I bet you won't read anywhere else.  Thank you Mirella.




Go to the soundtrack website to listen to snippets of select songs.

What I love most about Sex and the City is the diversity and fierce loyalty these ladies have to each other.  We should all have friends like this,  I am eternally grateful for mine.
 

If you haven't already, you can join other SATC2 fans on Facebook.

As a member of the One2One Network, I had the opportunity to sign up and receive a complimentary copy of the Sex and the City 2 movie soundtrack to review and post my thoughts on my personal blog.  I was not further compensated for my time or comments on this product.  However, by submitting my review by June 13, 2010, I will be eligible to win one of six gift cards (1x$75, 2x$50 & 3x$25). Winners will be chosen at random.

1 Comments:

Anonymous,  6/15/10, 7:52 AM  

Hi Shanna,
very nice article Shanna! and congratulation on being selected to participate in the Sex and the City 2 soundtrack project from the One2One Network.
THank you for mentioning my blog also :)
I listened to the soundtrack and I liked it. I loved also the pictures in the background.
Good luck Shanna!
and thanks again
Mirella

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP